Windows 10, why are you upgrading, or not?

So I finished up with a very "interesting" conversation on why some people don't wanna upgrade to windows 10.
I'd like to hear other people's opinions on why you're sticking with 7/8/XP.

Personally I grew up on 95 and 98, then lived with XP until windows 8 existed, before I finally gave up and made the move to 7.
My current computer came with 8.1, which frankly just didn't work for the stuff I did on 7, so I forced it back to 7 (the lies that you can't downgrade a computer's OS is mindless propaganda, you just have to know your way around unsigned drivers).

I was a good bit quicker to move to 10 since I could dual-boot it with 7 and try it out before deciding. I tried the beta back when it was still windows 7 and some poorly done 8 integration, as time passed I came to realize it was everything I wanted out of 7, and then some, and I wanted a LOT more than the average user.
Now with titles like Fable Legends and Forza 6 around the corner, i have even more incentive to stay in 10.

I mean 10 has some issues I won't deny that, cortana replaces your start menu search, which brings a LOT of useful features, but also bing integration.
Media center is still gone, although with Kodi, who needed it anyway?
The taskbar and start menu are ugly like 8, but at least it retains the convenient size and features of 7, plus an actually useful and reasonably sized implementation of live tiles.

7 had its own issues too, windows defender integration was atrocious and made more holes in security than it fixed.
It was basically unusable on anything with less than 3GB of RAM.
Aero would randomly turn off if you got even close to your PC's graphical potential.
The 32-bit version was pointless because it didn't fix the RAM issue.
Half the features that needed updates like Live Essentials never got them.



So what are your reasons for staying/moving? Leave your answer in the comments.

Comments