some people think i've been a jerk before, wait till you read what I have to say about @YanksAirMuseum

If you wanna jump to my main point about yanks, scroll down to the double line.

Now before I get to my main point I wanna say this about rails of war, and some of the minecraft community.
I'm not saying who or where I've heard it from but I have been told I have a rep for being an asshole. Probably from my numerous disagreements with rails of war, or that some people actually know my rather unpopular political views.
I've also been a jerk to a few artists (those I don't regret, their job was not only easy but voluntary, yet they wanna make mine harder to make theirs easier, and one of them specifically is just a douche in general with no self control).

To be honest I believe I could have handled the RoW situation a lot better, and after I've gotten to speak directly to naiten for a little while, well, I will admit I regret my previous decisions. And I apologize for what I have said, and how it was said.
I'm more than willing to take responsibility for my mistake there, and I do endorse Rails of War for the impressive mod it has become, and the skilled team behind it.
And I will admit it is specifically because of naiten, and that event with RoW, that I have changed a lot since I had joined the scene.
Hopefully from this change I'll get the opportunity to work with a lot of you out there in the minecraft community, maybe one day even with mods like Minecraft Flight Sim, after what I saw today, rollingstock that carries planes and weapon cars to shoot them down sounds like an awesome feature.
Never really thought about war stuff like that for the trains.



Now onto my main point.

I know it's kind of contradictory to (half)apologize for being a dick, then to promptly be a dick.
But it's also kinda contradictory to state on your facebook page:
"We know how important Air Shows are to the aviation community and our intent is not to take this event away from the aviation enthusiast."
as seen here:
https://www.facebook.com/YanksAirMuseum/posts/1496782133679028
or here if it happens to be taken down or modified:
http://i.imgur.com/Lv4P47v.png
And then promptly file a lawsuit that could potentially end airshows around the country because they can't make nice or maybe give the staff a week off.

People wanna call me an asshole over a few months of disagreements, these morons have had 16 YEARS to try and make this work. But instead they spearhead a campaign alongside the Flying Tigers Aviation, SOCAL MRO, and Zangeneh Aeronautics, to try and eliminate a non-profit organization.

Now a lot of you reading this may not know who Planes of Fame are, and under this angle it even looks their fault.
But think about this, planes of fame goes around the entire country (america), working with not only the government but also local businesses, to host free airshows that have inspired countless people into aviation, from not only the amazing displays of skill, but also getting to go personally into numerous planes and helicopters to see them from a perspective you would never normally get to.

Let me bring this more into the scope of my viewers by stating, for those of us in TC, RoW, ZnD, TiM, RTM, etc, this is the equivalent of a show that lets you get up close and personal, even inside trains from throughout history, even take pictures, for free.

I could not possibly understand how it would be difficult to come to an understanding with an organization that does this sorta stuff. Especially when you have 16 years to figure it out.
And lets be honest, in the worst case, it's California, those guys are always pushing for less hours and more pay, you could just give your staff a week off and cover half of what they want, there, easy cut on costs, and maybe a reality check to the staff for how much their job is actually worth.

Now if an attack on something like this, over such a petty issue that could be worked around so easily, that has had so much time to be dealt with and obviously has not. If that doesn't strike a nerve for more than just me. I don't even know what to say.

It hits me harder because today, thanks to Planes of Fame, was my first airshow since I was a small child, too young to remember.
It was an incredible display and even my, what some consider, unreasonably high expectations, were shattered. Multiple times.


Now I'll be a good sport and give them a chance. If Yanks Air Museum and their cohorts can manage to drop this petty attack, and come to some sort of understanding, I'll sensor my own posts that relate to this, even remove the image.
That's a length I have never gone to for anyone.
Don't worry, the before part of me admitting a mistake won't be censored, since that has nothing to do with this directly.
But until that point, I'll be sure to take part across numerous social media platforms in advertizing for people to avoid these groups.
If they think their business was damaged before, then they obviously didn't think about the ramifications of their actions beforehand.

Comments